Born Little Neck / Douglaston / Bayside, New York, April 27, 1951, admitted to bar, 1976, Illinois; 1977, U.S. Tax Court; 1982, New York.
– Syracuse University (B.S., 1972; M.S., 1973)
– John Marshall Law School (J.D., 1976. Lecturer: Estate and Gift Taxation
– College of Lake County, 1981-1982
– Tax Aspects of Residential Realty, Northwest Cook County, 1983-1984.
Chicago and Illinois State Bar Associations and Illinois State Bar Association’s
- Mr. Horowitz specializes in tax matters (including federal and state, pension, retirement and estate and gift) taxation of entertainers, foreign taxation, IRS controversy work, and planned gift programs.
- Income Tax
- Tax Controversies
- Tax Planning
- Wills, Trusts and Estates
- Elder Law
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
- International Law
He has also authored several newsletters on the subject of taxation. Mr. Horowitz has also written and produced the nationally broadcast radio show “The Legal Navigator,” a humorous program spotlighting unusual law cases, which has been heard on radio stations across the country.
Mr. Horowitz earned his Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Accountancy from Syracuse University and his law degree from John Marshall Law School. He served on the Illinois State Bar Association’s Council on Federal Income Taxation and has taught estate and gift taxation at the college level.
Mr. Horowitz delivers seminars on income taxation, estate planning and business succession which have been arranged by life insurance companies, brokerage firms, national trade associations, the Chicago Board Options Exchange and the Illinois State Bar Association.
Mr. Horowitz is a member of both the Illinois and New York State Bars. Mr. Horowitz has served on the Board of Director’s of the: School of Chicago Ballet; the Columbus Hospital Foundation; and presently serves on the Rudolf Nureyev Dance Foundation where he also serves as Treasurer.